ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Clouds and Mountains Tianjin, China

Clouds and Mountains Tianjin, China

Two panels, one view ... iPad, Nomad brush, watercolor, water ...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I love these paintings you've been posting chinapete. It sounds like your process is to do some abstract watercolor work ahead of time with natural media, and then to import it and play with it/alter it in Artrage? It'd be very instructive and interesting if you could also post the pic of what the watercolor work looked like before you digitally altered it. I'd like to see what it really is that you're doing to it in Artrage.

Great stuff by the way, lovely. You should set up a gallery here, so that we can see your stuff all in one place.

chinapete... more lovely work.. these together are exceptionally nice. I agree with Steve B... please setup a gallery ( log in ) and upload your paintings there.. it makes it easy to see all your works at once.

Thank you Gary and Steve ... I've set up an AR gallery via a link in my signature, and have begun to populate it, thanks for the suggestion ... Right now, my world divides into goldfish and not-goldfish, hehe ...

Steve, I began by relying on what I know in the real world, but am slowly migrating to what I don't know in the digital world ... I've posted an image of the q-tip and pastel (bound with acrylic medium to cheap watercolor paper) study that I digitally altered using a Nomad brush and the chalk (edit: and watercolor) tools in AR, turned sideways, found mountains, and divided into two panels ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by chinapete; 03-14-2012 at 06:20 AM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio