ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Desert Colors

Desert Colors

experimenting with a different more limited palette..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert Colors.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	501.5 KB 
ID:	64712  

OOOhhh I LOVE THIS
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

It has the texture of burlap, and for some reason, in my mind burlap always evokes the desert ... distant echoes of Rauschenberg, if there were any, would only add layers of complexity ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

I haven't commented on any of your latest because they were getting too good and I didn't want to condition your momentum. This one is really great as well if not better to my taste.

Are you looking at Diebenkorn these days? Thought I saw you mention that somewhere. Anyway, for whatever reason, this is really really hot. Looks less photo/computer effect and I personally like that, although in the others, it was working great.

Love the palette.

So two styles, two that you can do really well. Keep hunting and gathering. The food suits you. Bravo.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love it. Highly successful abstract. I would say you are firing on all cylinders here. Love the new colors! sun dried tomato, avocado and mushroom. Love the space break up in this composition and the color shows a lot of finesse with subtleties.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 03-04-2012 at 05:13 PM.

Very pretty Gary. Congratulations.

WoW, very lovely abstact.
    Colors and texture are OK. Great work!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

silvy, Lima... thank you for the gracious comments

Albert... a big thanks to you for directing me to the works of Richard Diebenkorn in our discussion of color palettes.. he works are really striking and opening up new vistas for me.

D Akey.. wow.. yes I have been studying RD lately for his use of color and composition and this painting can be directly attributed to his fantastic work. And I seem to have at least for the moment found a new level whereby I can translate what you can to in painting into a more digital vocabulary to effect a similar visual voice. As they say every so often even a blind squirrel finds a nut..

chinapete - I hear you burlap has that rough texture and open weave that evokes the simple but expansive plainnes of the desert.

Juz... thanks the compliment..very nice to get such a great feedback.

Wonderfully done Gary. Great color composition and balance in here. Love it.

really wonderful!!