ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apple tutorial

apple tutorial

I am very new and trying to recreate the apple tutorial from the artrage tutorials. I have drawn the apple and filled it in. I can't figure out how to make a stencil of it. Please help.

Erin

I'm not sure which point you're at, but generally to make a stencil of a layer, open the layers panel, right click the layer and choose 'new stencil from layer contents'.

If this doesn't help, please let me know what you're trying to do in as much detail as possible as well as which version of ArtRage you're using and I can give you some further assistance.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

All it does is place a stencil square off the right of my canvas. It doesn't make it the shape of my drawing. thanks

Please let me know the information from my previous post, including:

- What you're trying to do in as much detail as possible
    - Whether it's the apple tutorial from this page or not: http://www.artrage.com/artrage-tutorials.html
    - What version of ArtRage you're using.
    - If it is the apple tutorial on the page mentioned above, let me know exactly what part of the instructions you are attempting to follow.

I'll need this information in order to be able to help you accurately.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I am on page for of the artrage, apple tutorial. I finished drawing the apple and
    I painted the apple shape. I opened the layers panel and clicked new stencil from layer contents. It placed a square stencil off to the right of my canvas. It was not on top of the apple and it was not apple shaped. I am using the studio verson. Nevermind, I figured out that I needed to click on the layer and not the canvas. thanks.

Glad to hear it's okay now. Feel free let us know if you have any further questions
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

okay. I do. How do you lock the transparency?

When using ArtRage Studio Pro - Open the layers panel. Move your pointer over the layer you wish to lock the transparency of and four icons will appear around the layer corners. Click the one at the top right, this is the transparency lock. A lock icon will appear and remain until you click it again in future to remove the transparency lock.

You can find more detailed information on how to use the layer functions on page 79 of the ArtRage Studio Pro manual ( Help -> ArtRage Help ), in the section 'The Layers Panel'. I hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I don't have Pro, just art studio. I think that makes a difference because I don't have an icon in the upper right corner.

ArtRage Studio doesn't have a transparency lock feature, you're correct.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design