ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: arhhh..

Unhappy arhhh..

im desperatly tried to paint, but getting shocks and pains through my hands, thumb finger, wrist, forearm upper arm, and sometimes shoulder, its a dull boring feeling, throbbing tingling hands, carpel tunnel syndrome???

oh the frustation, I wanna pain...t
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

I went through this Jules. I had to take a break from the drawing and typing, an luckily it healed. I also take a lot of supplements through the guidance of my holistic MD.
    I also started holding the wacom in my lap and this helped.
    I would be sure to consult a qualified physician before you do anything else dear lady.

thanks alexandra I took ibuprofen, didnt ease it, think i will have to bite the bullet

Sorry to hear that Jules. Occupational hazard many of us with human bodies go through. I have found in my case that it can often be traced back to behavior and when I track it, I find that I was sitting wrong for a long while being intense about working or playing on the computer, on the guitar etc. And when I change, the behavior changes, and it heals on its own. I hope it's that simple for you to find the cause and that it is simply a behavior thing.

It may well be worth a trip to the doctor though.

Blessings on that.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi d akey, yeh i get the usual aches and pains hunched over my graphics tablet and when i go away on holiday it disappears. Ive not been sat at the pc as i have been painting using artrage for ipod but not for over a week or so. I woke up one morning with shoulder pain, just thought id been laid funny, but it extended down my arm to my fingers, maybe itsjust using the ipod in general. I will hoyk myself off to the docs cos i will go insane ifi cant paint haha

Jules, carpel tunnel affects your hand only, mostly the thumb side, Ulnar nerve (elbow) problems often effect the pinky side. Because your shoulder is hurting as well I'd say it was your neck. Ergonomics and posture young lady!
    Seriously I spent years with chiropractors, osteopaths and physiotherapists with a similar set of problems. They all said it was my neck and posture related.
    Turned out to be something totally unexpected for me but all those symptoms point towards spondylitis. Sit up straight!

Thanks im off to the docs tomorrow well see, ive. Ive not been sat at the pc much.

Hi there! I hope you get better.

Famous photo of Renoir painting with a brush tied to his arthritic hand ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio