ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Goldfish among water-plants

Goldfish among water-plants

The sunlight on the pond was unusually bright today ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

chinapete... must have been a brighter day the colors in this are more saturated.. I find it interesting that you paint the depth of water with no reflective surface if you know what i mean..almost as if looking at water on a flat light day caused by heavy overcast...

Oh, I was adopting the point of view of the goldfish ... I must confess my eyesight is not great, and that led me to wonder what the fish see ...

Titian's eyesight failed him at the end of his life, he had to paint with a broom, and got his best results ... No comparison intended, hehe ...
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Interesting point of view, dear Chinapete
    Right about Titien (who died very old for that age, ninty, if I'm not wrong).
    Notwithstanding his loss of sight and the few colors he could use (he could hardly afford the cost of many brilliant ones when painting for himself as in his last paintings), in such paintings (Christ was the subject if I remind well), he actually prefigured what Velasquez and Rembradt superbly got later on with their incredibly "synthetic" brushstrokes and anticipated by centuries much of the impressionistic principles, as well as, in a way, the speedy painting approach, in a time when a painting took years to be completed by up to 50 glazes.
    An absolute painting genius who didn't even need an underneath drawing to get full color marvels and neat compositions.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!