ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom - any news on next Intuos?

Wacom - any news on next Intuos?

As far as I know Intuos 4 has been released on year 2010. Currently I'm thinking about buying an Intuos tablet, but I suspect that Wacom could release new Intuos "5" in a few months, so I don't want to waste money on a tablet that's old.
    I haven't seen any news on their official page, so I thought of asking here - maybe someone knows something? If it happens soon I will wait for it. If not, I'd rather go buying Intuos 4.

Thumbs up Trust

My old Intous 2 broke some weeks ago and I thought of buying a new Wacom. Since I have little money to spare for the moment i bougt a Trust Slimline tablet instead of Wacom. The trust tablet costed about 40 Euro instead about 300 Euro for the Intous 4. Trust has not a very good reputation or support. But what the h-ck, I have been using it for two month months with no problems. I can live with trust for a while.

Intuos 5 (multitouch) has been released:-

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Intuos.aspx
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Quote Originally Posted by Juz View Post
    Intuos 5 (multitouch) has been released:-

http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Intuos.aspx
    Are there any major improvements over Wacom 4 tablets? I really don't care about the multitouch features enough to spend a few hundred on a new tablet upgrade. Same for the wireless option.

Bit more about it here. Sounds more tactile and less 'skiddy' if that's something that bothers you. Sorry to take you to a different digital art site to show you.
    http://www.digitalartistdaily.com/bl...-tablet-today/
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Wow... I like that it's wireless!
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B View Post
    Are there any major improvements over Wacom 4 tablets? I really don't care about the multitouch features enough to spend a few hundred on a new tablet upgrade. Same for the wireless option.
    In terms of technical specifications there has been no improvement from the intuos 4 model on pressure levels on the pen (not so important, anything over 256 is kind of superfluous) or the resolution (more important as it underlies how accurate the tablet is in tracking the pen).

Personally I don't believe there is a 'need' to upgrade on any of the intuos line previous tablets, they have always been aimed at digital professional artists and are great. Of the 2, 3 and 4 that i've used, I actually liked the 2 most.

They are all very well made and wacom still provide and support drivers for models as early as the 2. So i'd say if you're happy with what you have run it into the ground and then worry about a new one.

If you had a couple of hundred to splash around you'd probably be better off throwing it at some RAM.
    Last edited by Juz; 03-06-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    Wow... I like that it's wireless!
    Wacom has had wireless tablets since Intuos 3. One thing to note with wireless is that it might be less responsive because of the delay in transmitting the signal from the tablet to the computer.