ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gengis Khan

Gengis Khan

Two layers, oils, reference a picture of a friend of mine travelling in Mongolia.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gengis Khan Standing.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	475.7 KB 
ID:	64377  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I have been watching a program on TV on Gengis Khan which was very interesting. This is an excellent portrait of him and very well painted Cesare
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

This is one stout fellow! Feels very monumental, and yet a little like one of the clay warriors that they found buried with the fellow who invented China. I forget which emperor it was but the point is that Mr. Kahn here looks like he could have been able to conquer the world.

You also seem to have included a certain modicum of beneficence. Is this the chap who agreed not to assault Rome based on a conversation with the Pope at the time? (I saw that in an old movie. )
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Caesar... nice painting.. I like your treatment of the rocks in the background and the sky.. Gengis looks like the people of the land .. stout and very tough..an excellent historical portrait.. the blue tones add to the cool freshness of the Steppes..

A really good likeness Caesar, well done.
    Geoff

Thank You, dear Katie! Temujin, the actual name of Gengis Kahn, was one of the very few top ranking conquerer and leaders ever. His life and deeds are absolutely amazing.

Actually he did, dear D Akey, almost all the world known, to him at least and in a quite short time, just like Alexander the Great. Thank You!
    The guy You refer too though, was Attila, king of Hunnish folk, ancestors of Turks and Mongolians living around Chine, moving westward several centuries before Gengis Kahn. He progressively amassed a huge army (500,000 men) defeated and scared all Barbarians tribes and penetrated and frightened the Eastern and Western declining Roman Empire. The legend says that Pope Leon I stopped him, but the problem was that he was before eventually defeated (or stopped) in a terrible battle, at the Campi Catalaunici, in France, by a coalition of remaining late Roman legions, Franks, Germans and Celts gathered and led by The Roman general Aetius. Attila retreated towards with the troops left (huge losses affected both armies) headed to Italy and tried to vainly conquer Aquileia, which resisted. He tried again to conquer Constantinople, but he didn't succeed. So he probably could no more go on with war, without getting enough resources to continue, so he went back home.

Thank You, dear Gary! I found very interesting all the photo-reportage of my friend who makes unconventional trips. I'll soon get also his pictures of India.

I guess so, dear Geoff, but I was not a very close friend of Gengis Kahn, so I cannot be sure he looked exactly so. Thank You!
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-24-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderful painting! He has great presence and well grounded in his enviroment you have painted so convincingly.Bravo!

Great job Caesar. Really well done.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Caro Caesar, volevo salutarvi e complimentarvi su un bellissimo sito...
    (i miei genitori sono Siciliani ...)

Il tuo amico ... un viaggiatore nel tempo? :-)
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Wonderful painting Caesar and now how about one of his
    grandson (I think ) Kublai Khan