ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cat and the Fox

The cat and the Fox

Here's a quite spooky scene I imagined as a child reader which I tried to compose as freshly as I can after so many decades at my venerable age.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Il Gatto e la Volpe.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	64376  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

That is so neat, love the theme, must be the time for foxes as I am working on one at the moment.
    Geoff

Very spooky Cesare but an excellent painting with a hint of amusement Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

That'll fix Pinocchio. Good thing he isn't a real boy yet. . . just another marionette with particularly thick strings. Like my guitar, he could do with some re-stringing.

I LOVE these characters. Their acting is superb! Well done Caesar. And from so long ago, this dream? Must have been something strong to have stuck with you this long. I had a dream nightmare when I was younger that 5yo incorporating the Wizard of Oz characters and very slippery floors, and great dread that something evil was coming. . . and it scared me something fierce. And then . . . AND THEN!!!!!!! Everyone started flying away from the danger. . . but I couldn't get my legs to support me, let alone fly away. . . AAAAHHHHHHH. . . and I woke up. . . Wasn't until decades later that I connected it up with having seen the Wizard of Oz on TV probably. . .

Great painting, Caesar.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

So we should celebrate the coincidence, dear Geoff, maybe dancing ... a Foxtrot?

... and You probably don't know what follows, spooky as well, dear Katie, when the doctor visited the rescued Pinocchio who didn't want to take the medecine, so black crows gathered aside his bed for his funeral and burial. Not to speak about when he knew the Turquois Fairy, become his mom, was dead because of the pain he disobeyed and he cried on her grave (but it wasn't eventually true, fortunately). Thank You!

Dear D Akey, the classical book was not exactly like the Disney cartoon, as mood and atmosphere; it was even more impressive for kids, although highly fantastic and popular. My worst dream as a child were not on tales though, a little more situations somehow dealing with ghosts or like the exorcist after an apparently normal start. I've no more such nightmares (which were not frequent anyway), but, unfortunately, not even dreams where I can lift and fly. Thank You!

"Venerable age" Well crafted intriguing image Dear Caesar,fantastic!

Thank ou, dear SCP. The idea was to work more and better on the sketch and the painting too, but I eventually preferred to get soon the impression.

Caesar,
    The wonderful thing about this fairy tale like painting is imagining
    what the coy fox might be now plotting with partner in crime, sly
    cat? Has their prisoner Mr. Vegetable Garden Nose finally gasped
    his last pathetic breath as he swings awkwardly in the night
    breezes above the Carrot patch orrrrrr ... will this dastardly pair of
    furry partners in crime decide to cut the poor mate down before his
    britches begin to slide precariously down and around his pitiful ankles,
    thus embarrassing his poor old Mum who lives in the nearby village?

The moral of this story seems to be ... always wear a belt before
    you get yourself strung up from the old Oak tree. Well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

Lui è il gatto e io la volpe, stiamo in società.....
    Molto carino!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

The man hanging there with the bird mask makes me think of the time of the black plague. What was your inspiration Cesare? Cool illustration!
    Venerable age....