ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Can I mix & match canvas settings?

Can I mix & match canvas settings?

Can I mix & match canvas settings?

Letís say I like the effect of chalk on a textured canvas for an article of clothing or a roof or something. But I donít want to use that same texture for the whole painting. Is there a way I can cut out the shape of my object and then transfer it to a layer in a new painting? I guess it would be kind of like a collage. Here are some examples of textures Iíd like to use pieces of.
    Letha
    Attached Images Attached Images   

What version of ArtRage are you using?

If you change the canvas texture, anything you painted on the old canvas texture will stay as it is and you can continue painting with the new settings.

On desktop versions of ArtRage you can also use a different canvas texture per layer if you wish to e.g. in Studio / Studio Pro right click a layer in the layer panel and choose 'edit layer texture', then if you want to use a different texture to the base canvas of your painting, uncheck 'use canvas texture' and choose any settings you want to use for that layer instead.

ArtRage 2 works a little differently. With a layer selected, go to Tools -> Layer Options -> Edit Paper Settings and you can change the paper settings for that layer.

Let me know if I misunderstood or if that's not what you're looking to do.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I have Studio Pro and you answered my question. I can edit layer texture. I hadnít noticed that before. Very cool. Thanks Dave! You Rock!!
    Letha