ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Why is saturation seem to be lowered when the painting is exported in other format?

Question Why is saturation seem to be lowered when the painting is exported in other format?

first,
    I'm using AR 3.08, my system is windows 7
    I saved my painting in jpg, tiff, png, but however I tried, the result looked "grayer" than it was in artrage.
    Even when I print screen and post it to another software, say, photoshop, the saturation of colors are just lowered.

Could somebody tell me why?
    thanks.
    Die before I could...

This will be due to color management in the application you're viewing the image in. ArtRage does not do specific colour management of its own. If you were to export an image, then turn off colour management for that image when you open it in Photoshop, you should see the same result you had in ArtRage. This is most likely why your print screen is also shifting when you paste it into an actual image in Photoshop.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you , Dave.

But how am I supposed to turn off color management when I'm just viewing exported image in windows photo viewer?
    Die before I could...

ArtRage doesn't do any colour management so there's nothing to turn off in ArtRage. If the viewer has a problem you will need to make changes relating to the viewer.

You may find this Microsoft article handy relating to the same problem you're describing ( I found a few people having problems with different colours appearing in Windows Photo Viewer from other apps when I searched online ) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939395/en-nz
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I'm using hueyPRO to adjust my monitor, and my system is currently using its profile. Maybe that's the problem.

Again, thank you for your help.
    Die before I could...