ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Two missing ingredients from non-artist

Two missing ingredients from non-artist

I find the lack of these two features a little frustrating:

(1) Simple geometric primitive operations -- I don't always want to free-hand, especially seeing I'm not an artist. I don't expect Visio, etc., but the ability to create simple circles/elipses, (rounded) rectangles, bezier curves, etc., using the various brushes is a huge hole in functionality for me. These shapes should also have a "free-hand tolerance" that makes them look hand-drawn to a certain degree even though they are not, so I can clone shapes and have them re-rendered the same size with different randomizations. I don't see why I need to resort to an office/productivity style application to do this and totally loose all the creative visual aspects of an artistic program.

(2) The ability to change brushes after the fact - it make take me a while to get the strokes that I want, but then I want to be able to change brushes and see the changes on existing strokes and re-render. I had expected the ability for these programs to save an entire history *all* my strokes as vector commands and let me re-render/composite any of them at any time (knowing that the further back in history I go the longer it will take to recomposite), but I'd at least expect this for the last set of strokes in some sort transaction.

thanks

Thumbs up Re: shapes

Quote Originally Posted by thelazydogsback View Post
    I find the lack of these two features a little frustrating:

(1) Simple geometric primitive operations -- I don't always want to free-hand, especially seeing I'm not an artist. I don't expect Visio, etc., but the ability to create simple circles/elipses, (rounded) rectangles, bezier curves, etc., using the various brushes is a huge hole in functionality for me. These shapes should also have a "free-hand tolerance" that makes them look hand-drawn to a certain degree even though they are not, so I can clone shapes and have them re-rendered the same size with different randomizations. I don't see why I need to resort to an office/productivity style application to do this and totally loose all the creative visual aspects of an artistic program.

thanks
    I couldn't agree more when it comes to simple shapes. I am trying to do a space scene on Artrage for IPad so I have to do the planets on another app and then copy them to my camera roll, THEN import it...it's terribly frustrating!