ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnevale di Rio (with completed figure too)

Lightbulb Carnevale di Rio (with completed figure too)

I made a direct outline of this figure by imagination only.
    I just filled it with a dark tone so as to get a silhouette and refined a little bit the borders as appropriate.
    I added standard stickers and gradient as I liked ... et voilà.
    It took really short time ... and don't need to be confined in the After 9 section.
    It's interesting to realize how much easier is to imagine and paint a good monochrome shape correctly, without being confised by colors, tones, details etc.
    If anyone would like to take this illustration and work on the silhouette in order to get a clear figure ... pls, be my guest, I would appreciate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carnevale di Rio.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	142.0 KB 
ID:	64259   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carnevale Carioca2 (1).jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	64531  
    Last edited by Caesar; 02-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Caesar.. a lovely party goer... its Carnevale !!... like the background the confetti and splashes of color.. a very interesting take on this.. using the black silhouette for her figure.

Wow some Alien Nightclub Caesar? Jetson's party time.

Nice one Caesar I like it.
    Geoff

Me too...........I like it!!!!!!!!!

Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Thank You, dear Gary! Actually dark silhouettes may be a quick good start for a phased approach too when You use imagination only. It may help You fix rapidly some parts and elements of a composition in a quite graphical way and avoid unappropriate and early interferences of details. It may also provide You with a stencil to be used all over the painting and be a background to layers above. A second step could be to work with black and white tones only, so as to fix also some highlight and suggest some details painted by the light.

Dear Albert, according to my invitation, I hope anyone willing may further her cause by painting the silhouette with its own imagination and style, as it happened some time ago with the outcome of another experiment I made. It would be a funny and interesting excercise I think.
    What about giving a try? Thank You!

She's going to Jabba the Hut's Carnevale I guess, dear SCP. Why don't You give a try of how she may look like with Your talent for weird creatures? Thank You!

I guess You would appreciate her also enlightened, most likely in the After 9 Section, dear Geoff! Up to You to give a try then ... Thank You!

Thank You very much Super-Pete! I'm glad You appreciated this simple illustrative effort and experiment.

As always Ceasar, your abilities to capture such perfect form from imagination alone amaze me. This would be interesting to take her a step further and fill in the details. Might even make a good thread in the art project forum. Excellent work!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

A great challenge Cesare and cannot wait to see the results
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

This is a good idea, dear Sketch! I'll propose the excersice there then and we'll see if anyone takes the challenge to imagine and painting from just a silhouette.

Thank You, dear Katie! I hope a few mates will try too while I'm looking with some interest to possibly get a modern version of the tasty style of Arthur Rackham who must have influenced, in my modest opinion, also our great mate Nick Harris (alias Nickillus).

I decided to update the silhouette into an actual dancing girl completing the process started with the black shape.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carnevale Carioca2 (1).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	261.0 KB 
ID:	64530