ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bamboo windows security message

Question Bamboo windows security message

Sorry this isn't a specifically artrage question but I figured many users will have also bought the wacom bamboo fun tablet....

Mine is working perfectly but I keep getting a window pop up entitled 'windows security' saying 'the server bambootestroot.s3.amazonaws at DSL Router requires a username and password'. Then gives me an area to enter both below.

Does this mean anything to anyone? Sorry again in advance as I appreciate this is not really an artrage issue!

Hope it's not a virus issue. Sorry, I can't say. Somebody may.

Seems sensible to contact the Wacom people.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

While I'm not familiar with the error message, this may help. Amazon s3 is a file hosting service. It sounds like something is trying to connect to that service, possibly related to the tablet software given the 'bambootestroot' part.

It may be worthwhile downloading the latest tablet driver software from www.wacom.com then uninstalling your Wacom Bamboo tablet driver. Restart your computer then install the latest file you downloaded. Check whether the message still occurs. Otherwise, contacting Wacom support is probably your best option. I hope this is of some help anyway!

Moving this to tech support
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks guys - really appreciate that! Will give the new driver a try!