ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Noob help

Gallery
    View images

Noob help

Hi everyone

Just got my hands on ArtRage, what a cool app! Well worth $20 I just have one question. I have used Sketch book pro in the past. I was able to select areas and move them around on the canvas.

Is there any way to move a layer around on the canvas? If not how can I write a feature request. Or maybe I'm just plain blind and couldn't find it in the interface/manual. Thanks in advance. Jeff

Gallery
    View images
    Hi guategeek - you're quite correct there isn't currently a way to move the contents of layers around.
    It's a feature high up on our to-do list, as many people have asked for it.

There's a sort-of a work-around if you desperately need to move something on a layer. Export the layer as a PNG using the layer menu. Create a new layer. Load the PNG as a tracing image. Go into the tracing controls and select manual scale. Then you can position the tracing image exactly where you want the paint. From the tracing menu, select 'Convert tracing image to paint'
    That will drop the tracing image as paint back into the layer.

This isn't a perfect solution (aside from being too many steps!) because it loses the additional information about the paint on the original layer. But it's a 'better than nothing' work-around.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Ah ok, thanks a lot for the quick response. Look forward to the update, great app by the way, and great pricing. Keep up the great work. Jeff