ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lancaster Barn

Lancaster Barn

This is a barn across the street from an old friend's house in Lancaster County Pennsylvania.
    I included my photograph and my finished painting.
    Hope you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	barn-17.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	64184  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Love it. Very fastidious and precise. Good look for architectural renderings. Well done.

If there's a reason for you to do so, I would fix that bit where the phone lines were running across it to the upper right of the barn, just for consistency. There's no context for it as there are no phone lines apparent.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

beautifully done. I wonder about adding at least some subtle texture to the roof to give the illusion of roof material since there is so much in the other woodwork. still very finely crafted piece and the building has a lot of character. can see why you chose to paint that one. you did it well.

thank you

Thank you for the compliments, Screen and D.
    I think you are right, the roof needs something to break up the vast expanse of solid color, and to give the appearance of some sort of roofing material. Funny how I didn't see that myself.

I appreciate the input.

Looks great,if you were going to break up the roof's solid colour maybe look at the grass as well,this would add more to your realism.Good work.

a great little sticker and preset for adding subtle texture is this portrait brush by Hanzz.
    Attached Files Attached Files