ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage couldn't complete the requested operation, it masy not have enough memory to

Post Artrage couldn't complete the requested operation, it masy not have enough memory to

Every time I try to increase the dimension (Print Size) of my paintings at 300dpi, I receive the following error message.

"Artrage couldn't complete the requested operation, it masy not have enough memory to do so. You may need to shut down other applications then restart the application and try again."

My computer has an 8GB RAM and is running on Windows 7 operating system, moreover, the hard disk has sufficient space available. Could you please find a solution to this problem as I need to print it at a dimension of 36in x 48in asap. Also suggest the maximum dimension that can be set at 300dpi.

Thank you.

36 x 48in @ 300dpi is an image 10800 x 14400 pixels large. That's quite big.

It's best to stick with 64 bit applications like Photoshop for files of that size. Artrage is currently only 32 bit. Even if you have 8gb of ram, it can only use 4gb of that at most if on a 64 bit Operating system, and less if on a 32 bit OS. Only 64 bit applications, on 64 bit OS can actually use all the ram you have, and only some gfx applications are natively 64 bit at present.

To be honest, even if AR could handle that file size, your processor would probably not be fast enough to overcome how sluggish the performance is, and you would find it unworkable. AR is a sophisticated natural paint sim..it's tracking many more things with every operation than simple color...paint depth, lighting, etc. It has a higher performance overhead.

I suggest, if you really need to print at that resolution (paintings at that size often dont require that much dpi to print well), that you work at a file half that size in AR, and upscale it in 64 bit photoshop afterwards. Painting detail of the sort AR generates tends to be coarse, and will generally upscale without much significant loss in quality that would be detected after printing, especially if starting from an image as large as one even half that size.
    Last edited by ScottC; 02-19-2012 at 04:29 AM.
    Hearts of Space
    The only thing I put in my ears while working.