ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Goldfish and lilies

Goldfish and lilies

First post to the Gallery ...

Sketched on the iPhone from a footbridge at the Chinese Garden ... ArtRage watercolor paper, Nomad dual-tip brush (the short end), and a bit of finger-painting ... Cropped the original in PhotoPad, and used a Wacom tablet to write in the Chinese characters at the upper right ("yuzao", fish and waterweeds) ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

How big is the surface you're working on? Love the color.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks!
    My working space is the iPhone screen...

Wow. I would need a jewlers' loupe to see it on my iphone. Although you could probably zoom in and out a bit as you work, no?

Well done indeed! Yet another opportunity to fill the world with color.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Same view of goldfish and lilies, different day, rainy, more realistic -- for Portland ... It's really a cloud study in disguise ... The stylus end of the Nomad dual-tip accounts for the level of detail ... One aim is to create the illusion of the monumental, thus the choice of small scale, physically and pictorially ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

look forward to seeing more of this ipod art. more please. I am most intrigued by the second one. The way the fish appears in the reflection of the clouds.

Thanks, screenpainter and everyone ... I'm actually more interested in cloud studies, so I'll post one of those in a separate thread ... This probably isn't the place to say it, but I've found that ArtRage on the iPhone is a much more intense experience than it is on the iPad ... Almost like a different app ...