ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Question about preset selection

Question about preset selection

This is probably a really stoopid question given that I've been using Artrage for over a year, but I'm going to ask anyway!

How can you tell which preset of a tool you're on, once you're on it?

Say I'm working with the ink pen tool. I close the painting, open it up again the next day and wonder which of the ink pen presets I was using last time. At the moment, I can't tell just from looking at the presets panel, because there seems to be nothing that highlights the active preset. Or is there? Maybe I'm missing it.

I'm using Artrage Studio Pro on the PC.

So, is there some way I can tell which preset I'm on without choosing it again to make sure?

In my version of AR Studio pro, the active preset is highlighted in the preset menu.

If you make a change to the tool's settings, the highlighting disappears, because it is no longer really that preset. In that case, if you want to recall it easily you should make a new preset.
    Last edited by ScottC; 02-17-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Hearts of Space
    The only thing I put in my ears while working.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Thanks!

Hi

When I choose a tool like watercolor i can paint imediatly, but there is no indication which brush is choosen.

Mac Studio Pro 3.5.4

Michael

I can only speak to Windows version of Studio Pro, but when you select one of the core tools (pencil, oil, airbrush, etc.), that icon is highlighted in the tool palette, via a green backfill to the icon. Active tool presets are highlighted as specified above.
    Hearts of Space
    The only thing I put in my ears while working.

Presets are just combinations of properties of the active tool, so when you choose a watercolour brush no preset will highlighted until you have actually chosen one. Don't think of presets as 'tools', they are just remembered settings for the selected tool.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.