ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Course Outline for Learning Artrage

Course Outline for Learning Artrage

sorry this is not so technical but I live by my organizer and I would love to see a suggested learning outline for artrage.

I find that as much as I love to play with Artrage that is all I am doing with it. I am all over the place so if you guys had a suggested organized outline that we could follow almost like a course outline integrated into your help menu--i would jump on using something like that in a heart beat.

This would not be like the manual--its just an outline reccomended by you guys --a road map to help me (I dont dare speak for others) work my way through the software.

I guess I am asking for suggestions on work flow.

I hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by Catmandolin; 02-15-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
    sorry this is not so technical but I live by my organizer and I would love to see a suggested learning outline for artrage.

I find that as much as I love to play with Artrage that is all I am doing with it. I am all over the place so if you guys had a suggested organized outline that we could follow almost like a course outline integrated into your help menu--i would jump on using something like that in a heart beat.

This would not be like the manual--its just an outline reccomended by you guys --a road map to help me (I dont dare speak for others) work my way through the software.

I guess I am asking for suggestions on work flow.

I hope this makes sense.

Hello Jayd, just found this thread and it's exactly my thoughts, too.

I just bought a wacom tablet and received Studio bundled with it. I have a series of paintings in mind I want to create in AR, but am kind of lost at the beginning. I looked at a lot of videos on youtube, but they're all over the place and weren't helpful to someone just breaking into digital painting with a tablet.

However, this is my idea on how to approach a self-taught schedule. It pretty much follows standard art training.

1. Begin with pencil or crayon in monotone. Practice by scribbling first, to learn all the settings of the tool chosen. Then try drawing from the imagination and/or model freehand. Basic shapes and shading first. (Use the ruler for straight edges.)
    2. Change canvas settings to learn how different surfaces create different effects. Keep drawing in monotone.
    3. Now switch to oil painting. Stay in monotone and learn how to 'draw with a brush'.
    4. Try doing a 2 color painting using and mixing a warm and cool only.
    5. Gradually add other colors and tools.
    6. Now I feel I can start reviewing select tips and tricks and really make this incredible software my own.

I'll post something once I have accomplished the above. Cheers.

course outline

hey Maddog,

Thanks so much--shortly after i made the post, my computer decided to take an extended vacation deep south (it broke) so i have been replacing everything trying to install all my back ups--yes i think what you suggested might be ideal.

There are also plenty of art forums to check out like Wetcanvas and Artpapa which have digital art threads that definitely would compliment Artrage and by the way, I am new here (again!) and i have to say that i am simply stunned by all the quality work i am seeing in this forum. Im settling in to learn.

Hey ,

might be bad to tell u , but what i find really helpfull is ctrl +click point then u can drag a line thats straight .

As with my tablet i cant draw straight line so ctrl helped me a lot .

IMHO first learn what your program can do and then play, play, play