ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Background WIP

Background WIP

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with this yet. Some linework for sure, maybe an ink and wash sketch, then play with blend modes. It should be something interesting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Background.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	455.0 KB 
ID:	64096  

I think You could pin on it images just as You cut them around from newspaper and magazines (vintage ones too) and assemble an harmonic composition where that composition would emerge anyway chromatically, tonally and texturally (even giving a slight effect of rolled paper in some points and a little shading in case).
    I would give You a vague hint with the herebelow artpieces as examples; they are by Zaelia Bishop, an artist here in Rome.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Lovely, Caesar. Very much the sort of thing I have in mind.

My opinion is that this project as it is, as such, already is a great work of art.

Opino que esta obra así como está, tal cual, ya es una excelente obra de arte.
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

I think it works already. Agree with Damaso. It could stand alone now as a minimalist art piece.

Fortunately, ArtRage permits me to have it both ways. Despite the time I spent using the dry rollers to both lay down and pick up color, I never thought of it standing on its own. Looking at it again, I am quite pleased, but I still think it can work as a foundation. I just have to be careful not to over do it.

And pleased you should be Doc, it is delicate, delightful and full of light. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Great background!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Hi Doc,
    The reason that I joined here, and started to play with Artrage is exactly to learn to produce what you have created.
    I create eLearning, mostly using PowerPoint for my "input data".
    What I want to be able to do is create unusual and unique slide "backgrounds" using ArtRage - what you have created here is exactly that - see below for mock-up of what I mean...
    You could keep this "as is", or create a set of similar, but different (if you know what I mean...) paintings to be exported as images and then used as online course backgrounds.
    I love this picture - it reminds me of some Georges Braque works I saw at the Tate Modern in London.
    Excellent.
    How many people just use the standard PowerPoint backgrounds? Most of them! There is a great market for creating and selling backgrounds **as they are** - a background can be a piece of art that stands by itself. What is usually missing is the creativity behind creating great and unusual work.
    You have that.
    Bruce
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CourseExample.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	64254  
    Last edited by Bruce Graham; 02-20-2012 at 11:19 PM.