Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Flower Fabric Design/ and Scarf

Thumbs up

Love them both Sandy, particularly the scarf

Thanks so much Katie, this was a lot of fun. Reminds me of when I made paper dolls for my daughter-good gosh, where does the time go????

I am so pleased that you liked them dear Pat and Jean, many thanks!

I really like the Lady, with a look some snobby
    Great work Alexandra
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

I'm telling ya, Alexandra, you should be designing fabric (along with other things). Lovely stuff.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Lovely fabric. Also beautiful art. Would make a beautiful kimono as well.

I think she must be very snobby Silvy! haha, and thank you!

D Akey, thank you. I have been reading on line trying to find something. I found one and you have to sign over your design to them-and I needed advice on this. Again another avenue where I've turned around when I needed to keep going. I think I will try to consult a fabric company.

Thank you dear Albert.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 02-19-2012 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo

Tentative Advice: Take the cash. You'd no longer be an amateur. Looks good on resumes.

But I would be careful who they are and what other snags there would be to the deal. But for a little bit, I would consider it. And when you do, bend over backwards for them until you get going. Make them want to work with you. One never knows where something leads once you have movement. There are a lot of things you don't know about designing, and they may help you.

Don't overplay that point lest they think you'll be a bother to them. But open inquiry to your employer to find what they want is reasonable. It's good for you and good for them. They may even make recommendations that will set your teeth on edge. But unless it's insane, DO THEM if you want to establish a working relationship. If after a couple freelance jobs it's not working, then you can reconsider your relationship to them.

They will probably have a look they're after based on what they find to be selling. If that isn't completely compatible with what you do, assess that. But I'd say try it. You're always going to have them trying to change your work until they know you and say they want what you do.

Work on layers and save lots of versions when doing a job so you can go back and make adjustments.

Most people take less than glorious jobs at first as a way to get things started. And getting started is something one needs to do.

And do NOT post online where these job leads are.

And make sure you get paid. Careful of scams.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Great idea Sandy! At first I thought it was just 3 dif paintings but now see they are all tied together, fun!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

hi Alex hope you don't mind just messing with your girl if it upset's you

send a kick my way ok
    Attached Images Attached Images