ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Thumbnails for PTG files in Windows 7 64bit

Thumbnails for PTG files in Windows 7 64bit

My question about thumbnails for PTG files in Windows 7 64bit.

10 days ago, I bought the new computer. Now I am a happy owner a 64bit with Windows 7 Proffessional.
    ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 works fine on the new machine. I am delighted with the upgrade. : )))) !!!!!
    Very very good speed compared to the Windows XP and Pentium-IV one week ago.

There was only one problem Unfortunately now I can not see the small thumbnails of *.PTG files in some older applications.

I use file-managers Total Commander and ThumbsPlus (with 32bit PlugIn Ghostscript for viewing PS/EPS/PDF and other files, including the PTG). I understand, that ThumbsPlus 8 is an old 32bit application. Does not yet support library for new Ghostscript PlugIn 64bit.

But I install new Total Commander for 64bit system. Unfortunately, the thumbnails for *.PTG is not visible.

My question is Maybe you could suggest a solution or a secret, how to make Windows thumbnails are available for other 64bit applications and for old 32bit applications?

PS - I hope my question is understandable. Please sorry the web translation.

[ Screenshot - thumbnails in Windows 7 http _-_ s.qip.ru/101rBc2.jpg ]

Hello Alena,

Do you have thumbnails in Windows explorer? If you do not, please email me at support@artrage.com and I can make sure that the thumbnail viewer is working correctly.

If you do have thumbnails, then the thumbnail viewer is working, but it sounds like the other apps aren't able to read these thumbnails. If they were able to read them in Windows XP but not in Windows 7, then it sounds like these products aren't compatible with the 64 bit ArtRage thumbnails and I'd recommend letting them know. They can also contact us via the email address above for information on our thumbnail standard, we're happy to let them know how it works.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you for your reply.
    I will attempt to contact the support of Total Commander 64bit.