ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: pictures don't fit

Gallery
    View images

pictures don't fit

Dear ArtRage, thanks again for the wonderful program, so much wonderful things to see,,,,,,,,, being technically challenged, i would like to ask, when i go to , lets say, the gallery , and open a picture, it doesn't all fit on my screen, i must scroll up and down and sideways to see everything, i never can see the whole painting unless it is actually entered small to begin with,. Is it because my moniter is older, or my pc is older or is that just the way most folk see the paintings ? or maybe there is a setting i can change, thank you,,,,,,

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Lee!

No problem, I can help with that. If the painting is less than 800 x 600 pixels in size, it will be displayed on the page directly, without needing to be opened. If the image is larger, then it is hidden untill you click the icon to open it.

800 x 600 is a pretty minimal size for screen resolution and you may find it to be worthwhile adjusting this. By the sound of it you're using a PC rather than a Mac, so you can raise your resolution by right clicking on your desktop, selecting Properties, going to the Settings tab and moving the slider "Screen Resolution" to the right. The next step will probably be 1024 x 768. You can click "Apply" and see if everything displays correctly. If it doesn't, don't worry, just wait a few seconds and your computer will automatically return you to the previous resolution.

It may be that you're running an older computer, or a computer with a small monitor, or simply that you have your screen resolution set at a low value. This would certainly allow you to see more of the image on the screen, but it's a matter of personal preference, some people do prefer to run at a lower resolution.

Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    One other thing. In many browsers, when you click the download icon to display a larger image, the image will automatically be sized to the size of your browser window. I know it happens in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 and Firefox 2 if that's any help ( Might also work with earlier versions of Firefox but it's been a while since I used older Firefox )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Dear DaveRage, reset my resolution, and now i can see the whole page and painting, only thing ,now i will have to wear two pair of glasses to read the print :oops: , it is a pretty old pc but keep it updated in XP,guess i will have to pick my poison,,, thanks again for the help,,,,,,,,,,,

Gallery
    View images
    Ok, it soes sound like you might have a smallish sized monitor, so higher resolution can definitely be a nuisance for that. I beleive you might be able to get the best of both worlds by choosing "Large fonts" if that's any help. I wouldn't make your resolution any higher than 1024 x 768 by the sound of it.

You can try these out by right clicking on your desktop, going to properties, clicking the appearence tab and under font size selecting "large fonts". This might do the trick and let you run at a higher resolution with not quite so migraine-inducing text on a small monitor, but if you don't like the look, you can set it back the same way, just by reverting it to "normal".

Also, if you are using an older web browser that the ones I mentioned in my previous post, you may find upgrading to the browser of your choice will open images that you specifically have to click "Download" for in the thread in a manner that will fit inside the window. This won't help with images which are already viewable directly in a gallery thread though as they display at a fixed size, only the hidden ones which require clicking to open ( and you may already find that those behave nicely on your current setup )

Just some thoughts anyway. I wouldn't want to suggest changing things too much if everything else is working well for you and it's a comparitively minor nuisance, but some of that may help. I recall when I had a 14 inch monitor that higher resolutions did end up with rather tiny text which was rather a nuisance.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thank You, DaveRage, will try your suggestions, never thought of re-setting the font size :roll: , my arms just arn't long enough anymore !!!