ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A whole new career in a new world using ArtRage

A whole new career in a new world using ArtRage

Just wanted to let you all know that I am very busy all of a sudden, using Artrage daily but, in another life.
    Because of Misterpaint and the Griffio Art Gallery I went to see what Second Life is all about....and got carried away in seconds. I met the right person on the first day of being there and started a whole new carreer right away. Joined by my 2 real life friends, we discovered so many new oportunity's, in which I can use ArtRage and my creativity with no limits whatsoever.

I did not know it, but SecondLife has a bad name...I heard, but you can make your own choices like you do in real life. So I did.

My dear friend there, is the owner of the Titanic....a classy replica of the real ship that sunk on the 15th of April 1912....almost about a hundred years ago. It is a place with high standards for example, you can not come in if you are not dressed properly. And he has another property which is a beach in Scheveningen, Holland.

My Paintings, as you all have seen them here, are shown in several places at this moment and can be bought by Residents. Also in the next few days they will be seen in the Titanic it self.

I also build a house in which my paintings are shown and you actually sell them also, for Lindendollars.

Besides that I am using ArtRage to design furniture fabrics, clothing, and smaller things like a100th anniversarymedall for the Titanic Memorial which is scheduled in the 15th of April.

And there are some big plans too...in progress. Like in Second Life you can
    visit the Sixteent Chappel, a complete and stunning replica. So in Holland we have some exciting buildings too which have amazing and famous paintings on their walls and ceilings.

With permission and some sponsoring, a small team is going to build one or more from these buildings. My role will be using ArtRage to remake, or restore the paintings as well as some other specific textures which are needed. And I build too.

I will post some examples later that I made with ArtRage but I have some trouble posting the last two month's.

A couch of which the fabric pattern is made in ArtRage using some of my self made stickerspray... It was very late so it is a little bit dark.....youcan also see one of my paintings hanging on the wall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hortensiabank_001.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	63873  

Hi Linda looks like someone is going to be very busy indeed and moving also into a little 3d modelling.
    I look forward to seeing more in the future.
    Geoff

Yess Geoff, and this is great fun too. I have some experience in 3 d modelling but that is a very long time ago. In Holland about 25 years ago...i was working for a engeneeringcompany with no technical education. I was the first who needed to learn drawing with Autocad for some mayor Dutch company's and the government as well.
    After some time I needed to draw in 3D too... In my lunchbreaks I played around with it every day....and wrote manuals about it, and about conversion problems from one system to another. After that I started working for a company who developed and sold another CAD software package for Architects and so on.....and I loved my work bach then.
    So slowly it all comes back now....and now as a hobby. Software like Artrage did not exsist back then as far as I remember.....Windows did not exist...but using ArtRage in combination with 3 D modelling is really so much fun. And ther is no limit to what you can create, especially in Second Life. If you manage to paint and modell you can really create very nice things.

But I am just starting....so let's see where this goes.....

The couch was my first creation....after that I made some of my paintings in SL to sell, then I made a dresscode scrolling billboard for the Titanic, and building a big house in the meantime, and a 100Th year anniversary medall for the Titanic....and now thinking of an even bigger project for which I use ArtRage to remake parts of an existing building like the floor and wall textures but also the complete exterior and interior....

On of my paintings in the house....made the bed as well but that is nothing special

Name:	doutzen_002.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	63926  

Very effective Linda, I like the idea of the painting on the wall.
    This is something new for me and I must admit at the moment I find it a little daunting , but after a few more tutorials and lots of practice I think it will come.
    A little disappointed that bryce will not work for me under Mac as yet because of a recent os upgrade at mac.
    But it is fun and a nice challenge to keep this old brain active .
    Geoff

Haha Geoff, well my brain can't stop working at this moment, it runs like about 18 hours a day at full speed.
    Up till now, I make 3 D models "in world" so in Second Life itself, that it fun because it looks like magic. I have used Bryce before but found it complicated so I am not sure if I will manage this time....but I will try.
    It is a pity that you can not use it at this moment. I hope you can soon.

Yesterday, I made Panorma Mesdag....just to see what it looks like. But the pictures of the painting on the internet do not have enough pixels/inch to make it look good enough. On that I can use ArtRage to kind of redo the whole painting which will take a lot of time..... so I save that for a some day in the future. But I had a lot of visitors over there just to take a look at it.

Another possibility is to go over there and make pictures but for me that is not the challenge....My challenge is, to use my painting skills in ArtRage to make real nice 3 D objects or buildings.

If I am able to work with Bryce that would a make a lot of difference because modelling has no limits anymore. "Inworld" it has..... Ia m now limited to standard cubes, cylinders, and so on and just some sculpted shapes that others made. I am going to try to play around with Bryce today. Just need to come up with something simple on which I can use one of my paintings.

Hi Vanity,

I am in Second Life as well but i manufacture my products in Inworldz and bring them to various grids for sale.

My specialty is that I make virtual animals. I am an animal person so to speak so it seemed natural.

I used to have a gallery in Second Life called Wolf Island Studios and it was on the SL list of places to go but i shut it down a year ago to pursue my interest in animals.

Second Life is a great place to develop artistic style especially since they have brought in mesh.

I would love to stop in and see you gallery.

How wonderfully energetic you are, not to mention very talented. What a global phenomenon. It is a shared experience of a generation. Connects so many people.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks D Akey.... O yes..it is the top for me being creative withno limit at all. I have started to build the ballroom of the Kurhaus Scheveningen, which would be impossible in rl

Jayd, that sounds really really nice, creating virtual animals, I can only wish that I will learn how to create skins in the future, but that would be to much at this time. I met one, an interactive sheperd who is owned by a friend of mine in sl. Amazing how I really love to stop by and play with that dog....
    Also the horses that I have seen till now, I would love to make them more
    realistic but I can't....I am also still building in world, not knowing how to sculp and therefor creating optical illusions with Artrage. To make it look like it is sculpted. But in a building with so many details, there is no other choice then to do that because you have to limit your primcount.

You can look me up over there my name is as irl Lindavk.....during the day (europe) I am drawing and building, during the evenings I am dancing on the Titanic with the owner, every night lol. He made it possible for me to start exploring my capabillity's and creativity in SL.

I have started building already to see if it works and how it looks....today as you can see below, I have started to draw some of the ornaments of the ballroom....

Name:	art001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	64086  

Hi Vanity, you should have a look at blender. Its free and its not as hard to get the hang of as one might think

The great thing about blender is that you can create those mesh sculpts that everyone wants in SL now --in the regular OS universe its pretty much sulpties.

Get blender but see if you can connect to Gaia Clary first--she is the queen of this particular subjects.

I really suck at skins and clothes--I seem to click with animals. I made my own skin back when Inworldz was ruthed and its not bad but its not sellable.