ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Year of the Rabbit (redone)

Year of the Rabbit (redone)

I was born in the year of the rabbit..and after viewing IreneShpak and her artwork titled "Squirrel Girl" in Deviant Art- I wanted to try something in reference to my sign.
    Hope you enjoy this wild and crazy piece. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 02-08-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Great paint!

Good work Alexandra! Your work here shows what the pupil of the eye sees. Difficult to paint because it's all from the imagination, in the case of the rabbit, yet you achieved it as if you were looking at it and painting at the same time. Nice flesh tones, also difficult to attain in such a manner as you have here.

OOOOOOOOOOOO Sandy, this is so good and what a great idea, love this

Yeah, I met a few girls who were born in the Year of the Squirrel.

Right, Alexandra. . . what can I say but the Playboy Mansion needs to be notified of this costume design. WOOOHOOOO!!!!!

The teeth are a cute and very funny touch. Love the softness of the fur. And I trust no animals were harmed in the making of this picture. . . (I think we have to put that disclaimer in.)
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

S5T
    Pat
    Ken
    D Akey
    Thanks so much! I really appreciate your kind and encouraging words! ~X~

am I going bananas, or shouldn't her reflection be facing the other way? I like where you are going with it. fun concept.

You know Albert...I thought about that when I made her. I thought maybe it was the old rabbit or the old year left behind-perhaps a new rabbit emerging from the egg.
    What do you think? Should it be a reflection of herself or another rabbit? I wanted to make a latch on the window as well. I have several other backgrounds-but didn't know if it too too much away.

Just read your kind crit in PM. Thanks Albert-will try this and upload a revised one this morning before the day is started. Early here.
    Our DA mate is quite talented, I have a long way to go, but feel I've improved since I first began in the digital art world. So-please feel free-I am forever learning.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 02-07-2012 at 11:37 PM.

I really like the concept here and so well painted.
    Nice costume.
    Geoff

Now I see why they enrolled You on Play Boy!
    What a witty and brilliant idea! I think it would be great if other ones among us would also portray himself /herself according to the animal of the chinese zodiac corresponding to his/her birth year!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!