ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Work Shop/Pen & Ink

Work Shop/Pen & Ink

This is a Pen & Ink workshop from ImagineFX. This is also my first attempt using AR, once I finish the ink layer, the layer underneath was the first inking reduced to 35%. I preferred the visual over the pencil at this moment. I will be applying a light wash and changing the side characters possibly using a Grimms theme. I have added numerous touches as I thought would improve the tree and overall story of the picture.

I hope you enjoy, I haven't been doing art since out of high school (A little over 10yrs since I have touched anything art related). It feels great to be back and trying the digital frontier vs. traditional medium.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pen&Ink-Watercolour Tree.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	413.2 KB 
ID:	63831  
    Last edited by Levi Rodriguez; 02-06-2012 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Additional information...

that is some impressive ink work indeed. well done. great style to it. it also reminds me of the masterful work of Boxy from this forum. you might take a look at his work to get some ideas for the ink washes... his work is brilliant.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 02-06-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Talking

I am truly humbled to be compared to Boxy. I just finished looking at his collection of works, simply stunning. Thanks again for the kind words.

I regret stepping away from art for so long. I feel like the person who buried the talent because of the lack of trust and faith... Anywho I digress.

I am happy to be with like minded artists and to contribute a gift.

i think you are nailing the ink work. I love to watch people do trees. I will be studying this one. thanks!