ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When Android ?

When Android ?

How about a market where tablets are more accesible to everybody?
    I own an Android tablet Odys Loox with stylus at just 90$ and 800/600px resolution. The iPhone Artrage will work great on this one.

We're not currently working on an Android version of ArtRage, while it's possible that this may change in the future.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

iPad and Android pads 50%

The latest reports on "pads" says iPad and Android pads owns 50% of the market each. Androids are quickly moving ahead and will soon dominate the market the same way iPads did a year or two ago.

Paint applications for Android will quickly develop the same way they did on the iPad. Artrage will be left standing on the platform when the train leaves the station. Or start developing for the Android...

As I have mentioned in other Android posts, the market place for Android is not currently in a position to make development for the platform feasible for us. If this changes, we will consider the possibility of developing for it, but as a small company we have to focus our priorities on our current versions and expanding markets that have already demonstrated the ability to support our products.

As things change, we may well look at developing an Android version, but right now we're not.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    As I have mentioned in other Android posts, the market place for Android is not currently in a position to make development for the platform feasible for us. If this changes, we will consider the possibility of developing for it, but as a small company we have to focus our priorities on our current versions and expanding markets that have already demonstrated the ability to support our products.

As things change, we may well look at developing an Android version, but right now we're not.
    That really is too bad. from an artistic perspective, the Android tablets far exceeds the iPad in usability. Due to the fact that there are several Android devices with digitizer pens. I would hate to see you guys left in the dust over this, however from what I've seen your team is able to put a kick-ass product together regardless. I hold out hopes of Artrage for Android because Android is a better art platform than the iPad is. here's hoping.
    On a side note, the fact that so many seem to think the iPad is the pinnacle of digital art is laughable to me. ImagineFX and Digital artist magazines both completely ignore the original tablet PCís, the so-called convertible tablets, and I donít think Iíve seen one mention of the active digitizers that can be found on various Android tablets as compared to the iPadís complete lack of pressure sensitivity at all. I prefer to draw with a fine-point pen as compared to a fat rubber stick.

Any new info regarding Android development?

It's seems to have been a while since anyone replied on this thread and I couldn't find any more recent posts on whether or not an Android version of Artrage was planned for development.

I'm about to grab a Galaxy Note 10.1 and Artrage would be the perfect app! Thanks for whatever information you can give me (and others).

No update at this point. It's still a potential for the future but we're not actively working on it currently.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I'm one of the many that want ArtRage for Android, until we do get it here's an alternative I like. Infinite Painter and Infinite Design.

Infinite painter does seem to be similar to Artrage. It's still kind of buggy right now though. Further updates should bring it's usability up however.
    There is a regular version, and a version designed for the Samsung galaxy note. I have both, one for my HTC Flyer, and one for my Galaxy note.
    Last edited by watchdog; 04-26-2012 at 03:39 PM.

I second the android call

We all know that Ipads are good. But the market for android is growing way quicker. In the phone market Samsung outsell apple already. And they are just one android manufacturer. As far as tablets are concerned the kindle fire has shown how successful an affordable product can be. With the Google nexus tablets (another $200 tablet) impending release android is going from strength to strength. I can guarantee at least 1 sale. But I am pretty sure that Artrage would sell extremely well if released on Android!