ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: First Work WIP

First Work WIP

Okay, so this is my first attempt at digital art (with any application). It is also my first time using a pen tablet. I'm not an artist, but my college notebooks had as many doodles and sketches as notes. I used to keep a sketchbook in my briefcase when I traveled, but I feel away from that a few years ago.

This is a work in progress, and I am certainly not going for photo-realism. I limited myself to the Oil Brush tool and only a few colors. I did not use tracing, although I did create a layer where I did an outline sketch. My objective is to get the feel of the tablet, the tools, and how to work in the application.

I realize I've lost some of the shapes, and I know the colors are not exact, but I think I captured the tonal qualities and the mood. Critiques and recommendations for how to continue are appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KungFuBeads.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	63770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeadsCancanChuGetty.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	63771  

looking good so far. I can't tell you how to proceed, but I would probably be using a felt pen personally to smooth out a little or maybe even watercolor and palette knife. or maybe small dabs of oil if you want to go more impressionist. the nice thing about artrage is you can mix mediums (tools) to get the results you desire.