Thread: Crazy?

Gallery
    View images

Crazy?

Ok, this might just be a crazy suggestion, but it came to me the other morning so I thought I would bring it up. By the way, anything I come up with in the morning, I may or may not want to claim as my idea. :wink: Anyway, I have always hoped for a program which allowed me to simulate liquid frisket. I really enjoy airbrushing, but I can never get those sharp lines I like when I use a real airbrush with some type of masking. I thought it would be pretty neat to have a frisket layer the same as the tracing layer. Lay down your frisket on the frisket layer, do your airbrushing, then poof, get rid of the frisket layer. You would then have a nice clean line. You would basically have to be able to spray to the layer underneath the frisket layer, but after seeing the tracing layer, it might just be a possibility. Like I said, my mornings, I'm not sure if this is an idea or a dream. Thanks for letting me dream though!!
    -Dave

Gallery
    View images
    It's not a crazy idea - there's something very similar on our whiteboard as a feature to look at for a future version.
    We know we need to do *something* relating to masking and friskets, because it's such an important part of airbrushing and painting.

We're not certain which methods we're going to use yet. But we have some good ideas....
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    here is another topic talking about the need for a frisket in the program

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...opic.php?t=310

cheers!

Gallery
    View images

Thanks!!

That would be too cool. I guess I missed the thread discussing all of those other suggestions. Some nice suggestion! Andy- -I like your Mantra!!
    -Dave