Thread: How to Playback iPad Scripts on iPad or Mac?

How to Playback iPad Scripts on iPad or Mac?

Hi,

I created a painting on the Artrage for iPad app (on iPad2 using Nomadbrush stylus) with Record Script checked. I then clicked on the Export menu in the gallery and selected Export Recorder Script, sending it via email to myself. On my MacBook Pro I then tried to play that script using Artrage Studio Pro (just installed). The script started playing for a few seconds and then stopped with an error message: "Script Error at file end: <PrevB> block not closed. Was opened on line: 0". Does anyone know how to successfully record and playback scripts in Artrage on the iPad2 and then successfully export and replay them in full on the Artrage Studio Pro on a Mac? Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

It could be that the script file incomplete or damaged looking at that error message. I'd recommend exporting the script to iTunes then copying it across to your desktop computer and opening it in the desktop version via File -> Play script to check that the file wasn't truncated in email.

You can export to iTunes via the ArtRage gallery in the iPad app. Then, dock your iPad with your desktop computer. Open iTunes on your desktop computer, open the iPad from the left hand navigation bar, then click on 'Apps' across the top bar. Scroll down to 'Shared files'. Select ArtRage and on the right hand side you should see your script along with your paintings.

Save the script to your desktop machine, launch ArtRage, then go to File -> Play Script. If you still get the problem, zip up the script file and if it's 10MB or less, please email it to me at [email protected] and we'll take a look at it for you. If it's larger, let me know.

Why can't I play scripts in ArtRage Studio 3 on mac?

Hi, I'm also having problems playing scripts. I'm exporting from my iPad to mac via iTunes but when I go to play the script it says I should be using Studio Pro. Which tools in the iPad version are not compatable with ArtRage Studio?

A message will appear when playing scripts back in Studio that have been made in different ArtRage versions as a warning that features may not be supported, but the script will still play unless there is a problem with the file. The only features which are in the iPad version which aren't in Studio are two palette knife modes - wet and blur.

Thanks for the reply Dave. It's good to know this. I must admit, the only reason I bought the mac version of ArtRage was so that I can play back and make movies of the paintings I make stage by stage. That's why I like Brushes on the iPad. I realise there are limitations with memory on portable devices but have been really impressed by the quality of the paint effects in ArtRage.

very helpful. thanks for clarifying the difference between studio and studio pro for playback of scripts Dave.

Hello Dave, I have tried to record the script on my ipad, but it didn't work. Here are the steps I did, please advise if anything needs to be corrected.
    * Create New Painting.
    * Enable "Record Script File"
    * Set sure size and texture.
    * Draw/Paint on the surface.
    * Save Painting
    * Export Image
    * Export As "arscript"
    * To the place I want to save. ---> File
    * Open script in File
    * The screen is blank, beside the title of the script, nothing is playing.

Please help.
    Thank you.
    Zimou

Hi Zimou,

Could I get you to email me at [email protected] with the following information? I can then help directly

-Which version of ArtRage you recorded the script in ( e.g. ArtRage for iOS )
    -Which version of ArtRage you are attempting to play the script back in ( e.g. ArtRage 5.06 )

It would also be worthwhile sending me a copy of the arscript file. If it's less than 10mb ( script files can be zipped quite well ), feel free to email it to me. Otherwise, let me know in the email and I can arrange another way of getting the file so that I can take a look at it.