ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phantom of the harem

Lightbulb Phantom of the harem

A monochrome watercolor speedy sketck. I hope You may find it interesting in this form too ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Sing for me my angel of music. . . no wait. . . that was the phantom of the opera. . . Let me examine my notes again. Now what was the focus of a harem? Well, do that! my angel of. . . ya know. . . what it is that you do!

Nice and mysterious Caesar. I still say you would be great at doing a graphic novel. She would become a big hit. Great idea for a protagonist.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

A monochrome beauty this one Cesare
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Thank You, dear D Akey for Your most kind support. I may give a try to a novel therefrom, but I guess the market would be far wider in English than in Italian, which means I either try to write it in my native language I master quite well trying to translate it afterwards as well as I can (thus enhancing the horror of the story ) or I'll have to pay Barnburner to re-write it in English or rather in American ...

Dear Sandra, I'm glad to realize that such a simple tonal sketch and title was enough a clue to ignite Your fantasy and imagination so as, maybe, to have You creating an atmosphere, some story elements and options and, possibly, even an expectation on how it could go on and where it could lead. This made me think that it would be nice to be able to paint a wordless graphical novel which would be interpreted somehow differently by the different persons and be appreciated by all or most of them who could become co-authors too according to their individual fantasies, knowledge and emotions ...a sort of cross-customers product Thank You!

Thank You, dear Katie! It would certainly take much more should it become a more finished painting, with quite a complexity, also just for lighting properly the scene with my imagination only.

Caesar, that's got to be a great exercise in shading. What inspired you to go b/w?

Nicely done Caesar, love the shading.
    Geoff

Dear Sandra, I'm glad to realize that such a simple tonal sketch and title was enough a clue to ignite Your fantasy and imagination so as, maybe, to have You creating an atmosphere, some story elements and options and, possibly, even an expectation on how it could go on and where it could lead. This made me think that it would be nice to be able to paint a wordless graphical novel which would be interpreted somehow differently by the different persons and be appreciated by all or most of them who could become co-authors too according to their individual fantasies, knowledge and emotions ...a sort of cross-customers product Thank You![/QUOTE]

Great idea Cesare! Too fun really, and if you do not mind....here is one for you. Not a great writer though.

She was no longer cherished....no longer loved....
    he grew cold and indifferent and she feared for the safety of her son, his first child that was coming of age. Power hungry and growing less and less each day of any humanity toward any person much less of those who provided him with service, love, or successors...all were perceived as threats.
    She wondered how long his mind would last...how long she would last....
    Sadly-this was her last thought for this very evening the soldiers would take her away unknowing of her son and sisters in the harem.

Caesar... an interesting image...black and white..and quite the setting... I like Alexandra's storyline...is your original image this small?...I would think the details would be difficult at this scale... anyway a very intriguing work...