ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The picture i drew and what the script draws is different

The picture i drew and what the script draws is different

why is this happening? im trying to record some video of my drawings and the picture that i got is diferent from the one i drew! it has some strokes added and some of them substracted or just diferent in shape and thikness..

id be glad to show you the 2 pictures but the forum wont let met post images to prevent spam?? im a registered member ( i bought the artrage studio pro ) so i dont know why the forum think im spam..

You may have stumbled onto a bug. What tools were you using?

You can attach the images directly to your post (avoiding the need to use hotlinks), by using the "Manage Attachments" option, located below the posting window (under the Additional Options area). There are bots that auto-create memberships and log in to spam the site, making the precaution of having new members wait a certain period before hot linking, necessary.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

im using windows 7 ultimate running in a AMD phenom x4 955.. 4gb ram.
    For drawing im using a wacom bamboo create. ( the biggest one )
    And i was using artrage studio pro 3.5.2 , im about to upgrade to 3.5.4

i normally use the airbrush tool when drawing.
    i use tracing which i open before i start the script so it doest show in the script when played back. maybe it has something to do with this?

i just atached the 2 images.
    Thanks for replying so fast to my first post.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by alf4; 01-31-2012 at 07:32 AM.

So you loaded a tracing image first, then started the recording. Not sure if that would have an effect on the pressure of the airbrush during the playback, but you never know. It's good information for the AR guys to work off of, for bug fighting, though. I'm sure one of them will likely be by to help you out soon. Has this occurred with more then just the single recorded script?
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

it has happened before, here is another sample. Im gonna make a few experiments to try to figure out why this is happening!
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Could you email me at support@artrage.com with as many details as you can remember about what you did before you started recording, and if your script is smaller than 10mb, a copy of the script file please?

We can take a look at it here to try and get a better idea of what might be causing this for you. Also, I'd definitely recommend updating to ArtRage 3.5.4, as we fixed some scripting related bugs in 3.5.3 and 3.5.4 and you may find that this fixes the problem for you.

Looking at your first examples, I wonder if it relates to layer opacity. If you have a copy of your painting from when you recorded the script, and a copy of your painting from after script playback, could I get you to check the layer opacity for the layers in each painting and make sure that the values are the same?
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design