ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rage of a warrior + speed painting video

Rage of a warrior + speed painting video

Hello!
    After a long time, I come back to this forum to offer you a new painting, 100% Artrage studio pro: "Rage of a warrior".
    Inspired by movies "Braveheart" and "conan"
    Done in about 1 hour an a half, intuos 4M
    Bonus: a link to see how I painted this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bXstwXL3GA
    Hope you'll like this one!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La rage du Guerrier.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	63609  

awesome video!!! you do amazing things with the airbrush. that was very fun to watch. I try to pause when ever the tool palette shows up to see what people are actually using in the way of a tool for different areas. the background was very impressive at how quick you put that in. I also like the idea of using airbrush to fill in the solid of the flesh tone. I wish I would remember to take that shortcut. he looks fierce... well conveyed. I love the paint on his shoulders... cool shapes. Couple inputs would be I would love to see the teeth a bit closer to real teeth in proportion to one another. I sort of knew you were going for an animal look so I get it. still think it would add to it to have for instance the two front teeth the same size etc. and other teeth in pairs...also the sword did not read visually as a sword to me so maybe a little more convincing could be done with the metal because it kind of looked like he was looking through a picture frame or a window. not sure about the blood. maybe could be more subtle with the paint there because it doesn't read that well as blood, but then maybe you would be in trouble with the posting guidelines if it got to real there. welcome back and this is very impressive return piece overall. I want to see more. you definitely have the speed painting... screen capture down. did you use the scripting feature of artrage and then play it in camstudio or such before you made the movie? In other words could you elaborate on your method of speed paint capture a bit? thanks. always wanting to learn as much as possible about people's methods of screen recording. thanks if you are so inclined to share those details. what size file did you end up with? must be a big one I would think.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 01-31-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Smile

Hello Screenpainter!
    Thank you for your post. i'm glad you've writen to me. English is not my native language (french), so, sorry for the mistakes! I'll try to make a response without automatic translation cause I like to learn by myself...
    I've seen your portrait painting and... Wow! You're a master for me, I'd like to paint like you! I'm an "autodidact" and it's difficult to me to paint as well as you, even if I try...
    I'm glad you apreciate and critizise my paint.
    To fill the flesh tone, I did'nt used airbrush but inkpen. I do it like this so when I paint background layer, it does'nt interfere with the upper layers. For the tooth, the blood and the sword: you are right. It does'nt look real and I will try to do some ajustments. If you have seen my previous drawings, you've seen that I have some difficulties to paint "real", but I try my best to improve my skills... it's a matter of time, I guess. I'd like to see speed paintings videos of your portraits.
    For the video capture: I've never used script in Artrage. I don't know how to use it to record video. Simply, I used "camstudio" to record. This software gave me a real-time video file that is about 292 Mo. Then I used "Windows movie maker" and the "accelerate, double" video effect until the video time comes to 3-5 mn. The final file is 19.6 Mo. The problem is that the quality is bad. I'd like to have a final video with a better resolution... If you have the solution, I take it!
    Again, sorry for my bad english. It's easy for me to read English but very difficult to find my words! For the anecdote: my wife and me came to NY city for our honeymoon. It was a fantastic trip but I remember the difficulty to try to be understood.

thank you for the compliment, but I expect you to go way beyond my skills and you will. that is for sure. your English is very good. you speak better than most Americans these days.
    I have just purchased a microphone and I hope to
    do a screen recording. that is my hope. I have CamStudio also so I hope to do one soon. I have done only two movies before, but I have used the scripting in artrage 3.5 to record some painting.
    Do you have studio pro? I believe this is a feature for the ArtRage Studio Pro only.
    but Artrage for ipad also has the abilty to do screen recording. I have also played back the scripts and used camstudio to record while playing the scripts. I did not have much success for tutorial purposes yet.

if you can watch scripts, I have one here to download:

if you cannot view this i will try again to make a movie.

Thank you for sharing your video. Your work is superb
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

I wish there were a way to slow speed painting down a bit so you could actually see the tools and settings being used.

The rage is so evident that he seems about to have a heart attack!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!