ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Tablet - pen not working like in Photoshop

Wacom Tablet - pen not working like in Photoshop

Hello!

I am using Artrage Studio Pro 3.5.4 version.

I am using Wacom Graphire 4 Tablet. With the pen while doing the strokes when a light pressure is applied a thinner line should be drawn and when a greater pressure is applied a thicker line should be drawn. This works fine with Oil color and Water color, but this does not work with Chalk or Crayon tools.
    Why? In Photoshop all brushes behave alike, with thinner lines with light pressure and thicker lines with greater pressure.

Are the Crayon and Chalk tools not programmed to behave this way?

Thanks in advance
    With best regards
    PRSS

The ArtRage tools were designed to imitate the traditional tools they're named after. The Oil Brush and Water color tools will vary in size, when less pressure is used, because in traditional media people use brushes for those mediums. Since the bristles of a brush bend outwards when pressure is applied, the lines become thicker. So that's what they do in ArtRage. Crayons and Chalk don't have that sort of flexibility. They can be turned to a thinner edge, or on their side, but that's not a change caused by pressure. So in ArtRage, it works the same. If one wants a thinner line, one must turn the dial for the change.

If you're using ArtRage Studio Pro (I'm not 100% sure that the normal Studio does it), you can import Photoshop Brushes to use with the Sticker Spray tool. However, you'll need to adjust the variations for them, to get them look the same. For more information on this, this post may help.

(Edit) - You might find this .arpack I made useful, as well.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 01-29-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Added a link
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you very much Someonesane ! The brushes are great ! Thanks for sharing the same.

With best regards
    PRSS