ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bob Ross Painting: Hidden Delight

Bob Ross Painting: Hidden Delight

Hi all,
    I'm new to Artrage, digital painting, and artistic endeavors in general. Anyway, this is my first painting. I was attempting to follow along with Bob Ross on one of his PBS programs that recently aired.
    Letha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hello Letha
    Welcome to the ArtRage Forums!
    You are off to a great start, an enjoyable painting to look at too
    If I were marooned on a desert island, please air drop me a copy of Artrage 5.0! (Plus a laptop and solar panel)

I can feel myself brushing through the thicket. Very golden. Good time to get home and fix some supper. Nice one. And welcome. . . er home.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Ciao Letha, welcome to AR forum
    What a lovely painting, truly golden atmosphere, almost dreamlike.
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Smile

Iceaxe, D Akey, & Silvy,
    Thanks for the welcome. I had a lot of fun with this. I was very happy I was able to achieve some depth with some of the trees appearing to be off in the distance. I also liked the tree trunks on the big trees in the foreground and the streaks in the wood on the cabin. Also the highlight around the door.

Of course, Bob Ross uses a fan brush a lot to make trees and bushes and for this painting he used his palette knife to drag paint around on the roof. I couldnít quite duplicate the appearance of those techniques but I learned a lot about manipulating the brushes & stickers in Artrage. I even made my own stencil from a photo I took at a local cemetery.
    Itís the two big evergreens just right of the cabin.

Well, Iíve got another Bob Ross queued up on the DVR that I havenít watched plus a Jerry Yarnell painting of a wolf on a cliff that I want to try and reproduce digitally using Artrage. I figure if I do a couple dozen of those Iíll get to know Artrage like the back of my hand.
    Letha

Such a lovely warm glow to this painting and looking forward to seeing many more from you
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Hi Letha, and welcome to this wonderful forum, this is a wonderful first painting, hope to see many more

A lovely painting with so much depth, welcome.
    Geoff