ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Pier

The Pier

Longing for the beach.

The second one I do like better. Just need a few more tweaks here and there.
    Thanks Neal!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alexandra; 01-27-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Very nice Sandy, and it will be time soon for the beach

Me too Sandy, But I know this: In the summer I wish it were cooler and in winter warmer. Fall and Spring must be the best!
    I really like that great Pine in this scene. I do think you should move the Pier more off center and make it a lighter color or make the water lighter. After all the Pier is the subject of the theme but it's hard to see. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by jibes; 01-27-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Thank you dear Pat, I am so looking forward to it!

Great advice dear friend. I tried just this, but did not think of lightening the water. I also thought of the pier being off center-will try this and upload a revision soon. Thanks again Neal!
    I am struggling so with water and mountains. I want to print of Peter's tutorials and keep practicing.

Nice work Sandy ,with your mountain painting problems look for some reference to help you.Mountains in the distance change value and colour because of our atmosphere.Great tree.

hey Alex thought you were having me at it again there's me straining mr optic's and brain screaming no Pier when i spotted a Landing
    stage indeed to goodness gracious me I didn't no that was called a Pier
    you learn something every Day ----E/S

Thanks Scott, I will send a message as soon as I work on this. Thanks dear! Maybe you can take a look and see...so much for me to learn.

Haha E+, I did indeed make a new portal for you. Found out that the authorities were going to detain you for a few years for pubic indecency,(you know, the rose and all); so I thought you would like a few years on an island. Just make sure you are on that pier by February 14th, 2014 again with a rose-this time in your teeth, click your heals three times, and say there is no place like home over and over. Hopefully you won't end up in a pig pen or chicken house.

hi Alex just been had a pow-wow with the great Indian War Chief
    Red Bull, not to bad after 5mins Howing and hand waving said
    Squaw's talk with forked tonque, I asked him what he meant??
    he said that will be another 50 bucks, Jeeeze your worse than the
    Scottish Pipers they only charge 30 bucks, that Island not
    Alcatraz by any chance nah can't be that must be an Island for
    millionair's only now well looks like they'll stick me up off alaska
    so I better start sorting my fur coats out where that Cat
    Don't tell Katie Katie Coops she'll go bonker's ok

----E/S

Pfsh! Red Bull, hey he and I go way back. He's just mad because he lost a bet with me last year.
    There is plenty of faux fur to go around, so if I were you I wouldn't be touching any cats, you would have both Katie and me after you! And hey, don't forget what happened with the rose the first time. haha!
    All good fun E+.

Hey Alex. Just think if they where ten times larger they would have no quams about eating us.

By the way not happy with your Avatar it looks like a Bacon is that a new 1 your showing if so get it in quick. Ok.