ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Possible to make a layer invisible during playback?

Possible to make a layer invisible during playback?

For one of the paintings that I used the script recorded when painting on my iPad, I used a trace layer. My issue is that you can't really see the lines being created over the image. So. Was wondering, is there anyway to alter the script so that the one layer (the trace image) won't show up at all during playback?

It sounds like you're using the actual Tracing Layer feature, rather then an image imported to a layer. I just tried it, and it's pretty easy. It only took like five minutes, and that's including the time it took for me to figure out which code lines I'd need to change out, so it shouldn't take more then a few minutes.

First you'll want to comment out, or delete, the code block that loads in the Tracing image. So look for the following line:

Code:
    Wait: 0.000s    EvType: Command    CommandID: LoadTraceImage     Tracing Image: {

That line will be followed by binary code (likely, a whole lot of it), which makes up the picture you used for the tracing. You'll want to comment everything out, or delete, the code starting with the line of code I posted above, to after the following line:

Code:
    }    // End of tracing image binary data.

With that done, you've removed the tracing image, but to be sure that the program isn't going to try and call any unwanted/unneeded lines, you should also comment out the following lines:

Code:
    Wait: 0.819s    //EvType: Command    CommandID: CID_SetTraceVisibility    ParamType: flag    Value: { true }

and...

Code:
    Wait: 0.549s    //EvType: Command    CommandID: CID_SetTraceVisibility    ParamType: flag    Value: { false }

After that, you should be done.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for the help man! But unfortunately, I'm tech-challenged so that all looks foreign to me :/ I'll try and find a tutorial of some sort online so I can manage lol

Oh, I didn't realize you were new to coding. In that case, this thread may help you get started. It's describes how to stop the playback from rotating and zooming, and the type of program you'll need to use to make the edits. If you're able to follow it, you should be able to go the next step in removing the code for the tracing layer. I may be able to make a tutorial specifically for your needs, but I'm a bit under the weather today, so it'll have to wait a day, or two.

Oh no, I wouldn't want you going out of your way. I'll figure it out and follow the link you provided. I should have it down by then. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Max_O View Post
    Oh no, I wouldn't want you going out of your way. I'll figure it out and follow the link you provided. I should have it down by then. Thanks again!
    Okay, well if you do need some more help, just ask. I posted an image I made while testing it out (along with a video link, of the finished effect). You can see how the tracing feature was being used to lay the initial paint down, even though the tracing image isn't seen in the video. Here's a link to the thread: LINK
    Last edited by Someonesane; 02-01-2012 at 08:03 AM. Reason: link was broken