ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Is there a way to freely reposition the tools?

Is there a way to freely reposition the tools?

I have ArtRAge 2.6 on Windows 7.

I am right handed and I find it an inconvenience that I can't access all my tools in one spot of my monitor.

Is there a way to reposition all the tools on the right hand side of the screen?

The corner roundels for tools and colour have fixed positions in ArtRage 2 so can't be repositioned. In case it's of use, you can also access your tools via keyboard shortcuts ( number keys ). Artrage Studio and Studio Pro have a movable scalable interface so panels and corner roundels can be torn off and repositioned.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

On this note, if I tear off the tools "fan" and move it to, say, the upper right corner (I'm also right handed and don't like reaching across the screen), can I somehow "flip" it.

What I mean is that I want the tip of the fan to be in the corner, just like it is when it's on the left bottom corner, but when I rotate it to put it in the upper right corner, everything is upside down, including resizing, etc. I'd like it to function the same way it does in the bottom left corner, just be in the upper right. If I let the "fan" face the upper right corner instead, then it's rather space inefficient.

Thought there might be a better way to reposition this.

Hi Steve,

It's not currently possible to do that. While it's possible to move, scale and rotate the panel, the panel can't be flipped internally.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Lightbulb arrange the workspace for ones liking

Quote Originally Posted by rzetlin View Post
    Is there a way to reposition all the tools on the right hand side of the screen?
    I have thought of this myself. The movement across the screen would be less. Great if in AR, like in Painter 12, one could arrange the workspace for ones liking, save the custom workspace layout and open it again next time one starts AR.