ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Friends Talk

Old Friends Talk

I was inspired by a recent post by MSIE with lots of yellow... kinda of launched off from that.. hope you enjoy my old friends.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Old Friends Talk.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	545.0 KB 
ID:	63374  

wherever you get your inspiration from - your paintings are just wonderful, this one is no exception

I love it
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

Yes, yellow is good! Color dominance at work. Gary you been busy and I like!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Love it. I really like the colors and shapes and all the first read stuff. It feels polished.

It's like talking to old friends the structure often of which contains similarity, one conversation to the next, reminiscing with variations on the stories, with certain bits getting told and others not needing to be voiced, but which are understood and completed none the less.

And I suppose those old stories take on a life of their own, and perhaps a body form as well, were an artist such as yourself to give it a portrait.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Sandy and MSIE... thanks and a hat tip ... glad you don't my launching a work based on inspiration from yours..

Neal... yes sticking to a single ( more or less ) color dominance has a powerful effect on an abstract.. not something I have pursued much but I am seeing the power of it... hmmmm..

DAkey.. such a wonderful expression of my painters intent on this.. so cool you can verbalize what is wandering around in my head.. a graphical take on the idea that individuals have a mental-emotional vibe that in native american terms was translated to some animal icon, or a musical type that suits.. and the shared space between old friends has a mental emotional body of its own..
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 01-24-2012 at 11:17 AM.

What a beauty. I wish I could do a similar one! Very inspiring!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

I love yellow the most among the colors, so I cannot but enjoy very much this one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yes yellow is perfect for this season
    cheers and illuminates the soul
    Lovely work dear gxhpainter
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

This is a great one Gary, I can see a lovely woodpecker chipping away and enjoying the view
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307