ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Four Trees Two

Smile Four Trees Two

yeah ~ a silly title ... oil and some sticker spray, airbrush and paintroller.

comments and critic welcome as always! I hope you like it, thanks for looking

[click to enlarge]
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120118_four trees two_WEB.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	471.9 KB 
ID:	63353
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

I like it very much.
    Color and shape and four trees, whole landscape....but what's 'two' of title? I'm curious
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

The title may be quirky but the painting is astounding. I admire this new style of yours, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

really nice.. I agree with Katie.. I love the quirky title .. I like your use of a simple pallete , and smooth shapes really a nice combination of the blue line.small red squares and blue trees... framed in red.. a stunning piece..!..

Like it a lot MSIE, agree with all

silvy ~ thank you actually I don't know about the "two" in the title it just came to my mind ....

coops, gxhpainter, pat ~ thanks for looking and commenting, much appreciated!

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

I could find some faults with it like the regularity of the 4 trees and the horizontal split down the middle but still it's quite a stunner and would look good upon any wall! Great job!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

jibes ~ thank you for mentioning the two major "faults" of this painting!

having read tutorials about art and painting and such, I actually know theoretically that splitting an image in the middle and using an even number of elements both usually are considered as a no-no

although when looking at this painting from far away - focusing on those four blue trees - then switching my focus to the blue line on top of the painting, I noticed that there were "shadows" of the trees just below the line .. ghost trees so to speak ... imaginary trees which I liked very much (orange on yellow background)

so perhaps this is where the title comes from: four trees, two different visualisations ...

Interesting combination. Like all the pertinent elements in the landscape are there, but seen through a graphic artist's lens. I would happily expect to see this kind of thing as a stylization for an animation piece and/or a music video. Would give the story an interesting flavor. It would transmit the viewpoint character's (or singer/songwriter's) persona by way of visually identifying a particular kind of artistic voice, gorgeous in it's unfettered simplicity and expectations of harmony. The further imagery could be very interesting as we moved through the various locations and situations.

Nice image.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

You are absolutely correct from the aspect of visualization. I like the whole composition with striking colors and textures! Real eye candy and I love it!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore