ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: HE - GeoForms

HE - GeoForms

an urbanized landscape..hope you enjoy and please comment..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HE - GeoForms.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	485.1 KB 
ID:	63344  

Intriguing. Without the title, I wouldn't have looked for the buildings straight off. Now the scale has an interesting spin. What first came to mind was the notion of facets in a color spectrum, segmented in order to group enough to label and create a window through which to experience it. Feels very musical.

In the early days of cubism when they were working to fragment the viewpoint of the viewer to the subject and then painting it from multiple directions, it looks as if it's like a faceted lens (in concept, though not exactly). But this then looks like you've dissected the facets and re-laid out the facets in an orderly continuum reconstructing a lens of the spectrum in a color chip sort of linear way. Cool idea. Could lead to some rather interesting notions ie. deconstructing and re-constructing with an add-mixture.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Agree with DAkey: very intriguing painting
    More you look, more details and particulars are disclosed or hide.
    Like a geometric game....it's difficult to explain, but I like it!
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

D Akey... thanks for the insightful analysis... and appreciative comments.. do did catch on to the deconstruction and reconstructive nature of this.. like taking bits of nature reflected in a mirror and laying them flat.. with the color broken up by a prism.. then taking the flat surface the pull/pushing areas by changing lightness, saturation for a bit of 3d effect. it just shows how artistic ideas of the recent past still contain lots to teach us...

silvy... thanks so much it is great to see you stop and and read your comments always.

Gary for some reason I find this very relaxing, I can picture this painting hanging in a very well decorated den with leather sofa and chairs, or a persons library, I like it a lot, always a wonderful job

let me just say ... I love it
    >>> MSIE's ArtRage Gallery <<<

"It's a living growing mutating art sculpture painting synthesis." (quote screenpainter)

It really gives the idea! There's also some smog on the ground and up above on the left of the skyline.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Anj, Sandy, Caesar thanks for viewing and commenting.. always look forward to your thoughts and observations

and Pat glad you found this relaxing and I like where you envision it hanging...

simply gorgeous!!!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes