ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Artrage vs Drawplus x5

Artrage vs Drawplus x5

Hi,
    I'm thinking I may have to buy Drawplus x5 and relocate my loyalties away from Artrage, despite really enjoying working with it

The trouble is, Drawplus will let me save files in Vector, eps, and pdf formats that are recognised by printers, whereas no one seems to recognise the AR files, and all my efforts to convert them have resulted in pixelation.

Is there any way I can avoid having to learn a new package and achieve the same results with Artrage?

(I'm working ona PC, Widows Vista, with AR Studio)

ArtRage isn't a vector package but the scripting system in Studio Pro 3.5 does let you record your painting and play it back at higher resolution to avoid the pixelation that occurs when you up-scale a bitmap image.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

agreed that the jpeg export from Artrage is highly pixelated and must be avoided.

there must be a vector program you can use to convert images to vectors I would think. Illustrator can convert images to vectors.

as for PDF I would think any page layout program can print a file to PDF.
    or save a file as a PDF. that should not be hard to do at all.

have you tried exporting your painting from ArtRage using the png format? what about the photoshop format? printers can surely take photoshop files. probably pngs too.
    also you can use a free image editor program like XnView to convert the png file to a jpg file and get a much better result that way taking the extra step of exporting as png and opening in an image editor to convert to jpg.
    or leave it in png or photoshop format if taking it to the printer.

You can also improve the quality of exported JPEGs from the preferences panel where there's an option for setting the compression v. quality of these images. We go with 80% quality by default. That said, PNG or PSD is definitely a better option as they're lossless formats.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.