ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Paint Roller Expanded Options

Paint Roller Expanded Options

I would love to see the paint roller have a dial to control the pressure profile of the roller. As it is there are always lines left behind along the edges of the stroke. I have been trying to use the roller with high pressure to just push the paper texture a bit with paint. I can get it to look nice in areas that are narrow masked areas, but if I want to treat the whole background this way I am frustrated by the lines of paint pick up.

In the attached image you can see the texture treatment I'm talking about. On the branch it works because I used a stencil and it's narrow enough that I can avoid the edge of the roller tool. In the background area though, I'm stuck with those pesky lines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollerthoughts.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	63252  
    Be well,

"Teach, Learn, Thrive"~DM

i've wondered how to get the edge lines out like in your pic, i use the roller to do backgrounds one colour only as i get the lines too.
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

It's true that paint roller would leave white marks on both edges (looks like pressing too hard). It didn't seem to do that in AR2.

I in fact like the paint roller better than flat oil, if there isn't such white border issue.