Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SCP Sketchbook:updated:18/10/2013

I like what I see thus far and am looking forward to much more! Both of these are great!
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Nice to be back dear Caesar glad you like what you see.
    Thankyou for the kind comments silvy,pat1940,coops,jibes.
    Most of the time my go to tool in AR3 is the crayon,thought I would give the crayon a rest and get to know the Felt pen better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The little snow scene is lovey dear Scott
    and as for the little bird critter he is fantastic
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

I wonder how he would taste roasted! That's what I wonder, but apparently also what this bird is wondring too looking at us staring to him! Unique style and creativity, as usual!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

two really nice works... the mountain scene with the wind blown peaks is stunning.. your furry guy is well done.. If I may ask what is your motivation ,inspiration, target audience for your creatures? just wondering...

Is it a Bigfoot Gallinaceous?
    Funny one
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

mannafig Thankyou Amanda, very glad you had time to check them out.

Caesar Hahahaha too funny mate,but also true that is what I was thinking while painting him,very pleased you enjoyed him.

gxhpainter Thankyou Gary glad you liked them.Also a question... hmmm that's a tough one.I will try to break it down.
    Motivation:
    I was always drawing from a very young age,a shy daydreamer I was hopeless at school.But for a long time I turned my back on Art.
    I forgot how much fun it can be and I love to create,not to mention my better half loves it when Im drawing and painting.She loves to come home after work and see what pops out of my head next.I'm never happy with my
    Art,I want to improve.

Inspiration:
    Number one would have to be my partner of 22 years.
    Of course other artists doing amazing works continue to inspire me.
    For actual subject matter or ideas for artwork,could be anything.It maybe a movie or a funny looking man standing in line at a checkout.I'm always looking and taking a mental note of shapes,colours,ideas etc.It gets stored in my vault.

Target Audience:
    Maybe I don't put much thought into this,or maybe because I enjoy different subject matter and styles my audience will change.Some might like a landscape I do and then be horrified by one of my critters or surreal paintings.I have always loved things that can come from your imagination to bring them to life on paper,canvas and digitally, that still gives me a buzz.I have been thinking of doing kids book illustrations.

Wow hope your not bored by now,thankyou for the great question.

silvy Bigfoot Gallinaceous? good name hahaha yes a Bigfoot most FOWL! Glad you liked it.

SCP... thanks for your detailed answer... its great to know what motivates peoples works... I love your creativity, but wasn't too sure about your creatures..( i didn't know if you were doing them for a project or what).. the fact that they are purely creative fun makes them even better in my book.. You are lucky to have a supportive mate..it can make all the difference.... keep up the great work.. and i look forward to more from you..

Hi Scott! Listen, no offense, but I don't think he will fit in with the chickens around here. It is not that he is a different breed or anything...it is just that he appears to have an attitude, and who knows what kind of little hatchlings we will have. Good gosh...he doesn't fly does he?
    Always great dear man! Always great!

gxhpainter Thankyou Gary ,I hope I will get to work on some projects at some point,for now Ill keep pushing pixels and hope to keep my Sketchbook interesting.

Alexandra Hahaha yer not just your chickens would be in trouble!
    Very glad you like the giant cranky bird,thanks again Dear Sandy.

Another Beast to add to the sketchbook,just a quickie.
    Any comments or questions are always welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images