ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lock Transparancy on iPhone

Lock Transparancy on iPhone

One of the best features of similar painting apps on iPhone is the ability to lock transparency. As this is already a feature of ArtRage 3 you know what I mean.

The reason this is such a good thing on iPhone, is that it is SOOO difficult drawing on the iPhone. But if one first blocks out the siluette, it becomes much, much easier to draw in detail - WHEN TRANSPARANCY IS LOCKED!

I would expect this feature to becompe part of iPhone version any time soon, as most similar apps have that very feature now.

Happy,
    DoodLS

I just figured out that Lock Transparency actually works on iPhone/iPod touch. There are just no way to select it:

1) Copy an Artrage for iPhone .ptg (with min 2 layers) via iTunes to my PC
    2) Open the .ptg in ArtRage Studio Pro.
    3) Press the Lock Transparency icon in the Layers palette (on the PC inside ArtRage Studio Pro).
    4) Save the .ptg from ArtRage Studio Pro.
    5) Copy it back to the iPod touch using iTunes.
    6) Now when I edit the image inside ArtRage for iPhone - the transparency is locked and I am able draw - just as i would inside Studio Pro...

Great. Now all we need is the button to Lock Transparency inside ArtRage iphone.

Matt/Andy: Any reason why it's not included in the initial release? Potentially unstable?

Additional layer options were not included to avoid confusing users. The iPhone version of the app is not intended to be a full Studio Pro style system and we are tailoring it to create a simpler environment.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.