ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: transparent backgrounds for exporting?

transparent backgrounds for exporting?

Hello,
    My students are currently working on the ArtRage app for iPads. Many students need to export their images to Keynote for a book they're working on. What we're running up against is the white background that exports with the image. Is there a way to make the canvas transparent on the app? I'm pretty new to digital art programs, so I'm of no help to them. Can anyone here help me out?
    I would appreciate your thoughts!
    Meg

I think, due to the nature of the iPad itself, there is no way to keep the background transparent on an exported png image. However, the programs native files will save the information. So, they could transfer the file to a PC, using iTunes, or send the image to their email using the "by ptg" option. Then it could be opened by a PC or Mac version of ArtRage, where they could exprort a version of it with a transparent background (they may need to reset the canvas to 0% transparency before the export, so keep it in mind). However, I'm not sure if the free starter version of ArtRage exports to pngs, so this may be a dead end, too, unless you have a paid for version of it already.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

This is correct, we don't support transparent canvas on the iPad at this point but the PTG format maintains the canvas in its own pseudo-layer so if you export the PTG you can change canvas properties on a desktop machine.

This is something we might look at changing in a future revision, to allow canvas opacity support on the iPad directly.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Transparent canvas

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    This is correct, we don't support transparent canvas on the iPad at this point but the PTG format maintains the canvas in its own pseudo-layer so if you export the PTG you can change canvas properties on a desktop machine.

This is something we might look at changing in a future revision, to allow canvas opacity support on the iPad directly.
    This would be great. This is a wonderful app. Thanks. Transparent canvas would make it even more amazing.