ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 Slow to save painting

Exclamation ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 Slow to save painting

Hi,

After upgrade my system from "windows xp pro 32 bit" to "windows 7 pro 64 bit" (Dual booting setup/ dual os on one pc) ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 is very slow to save painting and reopen it (Only on w7 64bit).

Rebooting my pc on "windows xp pro 32 bit" ArtRage Studio Pro 3.5.4 work fast to save and reopen file.

You can help me to resolve with issue?

Thank for all.

P.S. My pc :
    AMD athlon ii x2 250 3.0 Ghz
    DDR2 1066 8giga (533 Mhz)
    HDD 1 tb raid 1 nvidia.
    WACOM Intuos 4M
    ATI RADEON HD5700 crossfire

That's not a problem we've seen on W7 64 here, so you may have something installed that's slowing the process down. For example, if you have a virus scanner running that scans files as they are saved that may be causing the slowdown. Check that you don't have anything running in the background, and if that doesn't help let me know the size of the painting and I'll see if I can think of anything else that might help.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi, Matt

I have uninstaller antivirus, but art rage on "w7 64bit" give same problem (slow to save painting).

The painting file size is 167 MByte.

P.S: After more tests i have noticed that the layer group slows the saving process.

I hope this might help you.

Thanks to all.

Unfortunately there's not much I can tell. We haven't experienced slower saving on Win7 64, though a 167Mb file will take a while to save. It could just relate to issues such as drive fragmentation or other processes the system is running. How much slower is it?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Matt,

I found a solution for the problem disabling "Windows Defender" real time scanning.

I hope this might help you.

Thanks to all.

labsft,

Just so you aren't without virus protection, I use free AVG and it works very well. (http://free.avg.com) I don't experience slow down with ArtRage unless I have a really-really big painting.