ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: No DPI settings ?!

Smile No DPI settings ?!

When i opened my first Artrage illustration in photoshop, i noticed that the DPI resolution was by default less than 90Dpis for a 1024x728 pic.

Is there a way we can set the desired DPIs for a pic ourselves ?
    i do a lot of artwork for childrenbook projects and im always required to send my artwork for publishing in no less than 300DPIs .

There is no way Artrage can be used for more profissional purposes if it only allows for low DPi resolution as a standart definition and i cannot even believe such a great tool like this ends up becoming more of a toy for people to create and share drawings than the professional art package it deserves to be.

Can anybody guide me on this issue ?
    How can we create pics using our own custom DPis that most publishers require as a standart printing resolution ?

Thanks[/HTML]

DPI is only relevant when you actually go to print - We use the standard print system on iOS so you may be limited when printing from the device directly. However, when you export your image to a standard format DPI is meaningless - The pixel size of the image is what counts.

Let's say you have created a 2000 x 2000 image on the iPad. DPI just tells the printer how tightly to pack those 2000 pixels in to an inch, and can be adjusted without damaging the quality of the image at all. Professionals should understand that when you send them the image. If a print shop tells you they need a specific DPI value then make sure you tell them the pixel size of your image and ask them to set the DPI before printing.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks, ill pass that info along, next time a publisher asks me specificaly for the 300dpis.

You can work out how large your image needs to be next time a publisher asks for 300DPI by asking them what dimensions they need. For example, if a publisher wants a 3 inch by 3 inch image at 300DPI they need a 900 x 900 canvas (3 inches each side, with 300 'dots' per inch).
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.