Thread: I-sight

Gallery
    View images

I-sight

I like to draw rough sketches on paper and then use my i-sight to take a picture to use as a tracing image. Could you intergrate use in the i-sight camera directly in the tracing functionality.

Thanks Much,
    Dodad

Gallery
    View images
    Thats just the mac webcam, right? Surely theres already a way to just save a frame from it you can open in AR?

Gallery
    View images
    It might be a thought to 'Get tracing image from camera' in an ArtRage menu option or something. I've thought about it before.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    On this topic...

I'd love to just be able to drag and drop an image into ArtRage, instead of importing it.

For instance, if I've searched Flickr using a Creative Commons filter, and found a pic I want to use as reference, I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE to just drag it from the web page onto/into ArtRage.

Currently I have to save the thing first.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Gallery
    View images
    Ah, like in Photoshop. Where you drag an image right out of the browser and onto Photoshop's icon in the dock and it opens it.

Hmm.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by royblumenthal
    I'd love to just be able to drag and drop an image into ArtRage, instead of importing it.
    Yes! Good goshies! PLEASE. I make this mistake all the time because I'm SOOOO used to dragging-and-dropping: it feels so unnatural to break my flow by having to use the import option instead of this smarter, more intuitive, elegant, and natural approach!

Especially on dual monitors or if you have enough screen real estate, it's a YUGE benefit.