ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: How to use the preset supplies? Artrage2

Question How to use the preset supplies? Artrage2

I've been trying to figure out how to use the supplies i've downloaded from this forum. i tried to followthe instructions given but they're mostly are for artrage 3. and now it makes me wonder rather artrage 2 are suitable for the supplies provided in this forum (excluding: the sticker and sticker sprays)
    I know this isnt really the forum for a question but i'm really a newbie and dont know much.
    Thanks.

It's all going to depend on the supply you're trying to use. With the Studio versions, the arpacks make things easier when it comes to how, and where, it all goes. In ArtRage 2, it all has to be manally put in the right places, so we first need to know what the file is. Is it a Texture Grain, a Canvas Preset, a stencil, a color Sample, a color Picker, etc... They all go into a different folder.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Question

I've already been putting it in the right folder.
    the resources folder>preset folder and depending on the tool i've sort it to the right group.

but i still cant find the supplies in my artrage 2.5, where is the tools suppose to b @?
    thx.

Where the supply ends up in ArtRage, depends on its type. If it's a canvas preset, it'll be listed under the Presets on the Canvas panel, when you open Artrage and create a new painting. If it was a Color Sample, you'll find it under the Custom Picker section of the Color Sample menu. Stencils will appear in the group/folder you put them into, on the Stencil Panel. Etc...

Can you give me a specific example, of a supply/tool you're trying to use. I have both ArtRage 2.6 and ArtRage Studio Pro, so I can try it on both, and tell you what the outcome of its use was.

Question

I downloaded quite a lot, but let's try this one:

.ARpack - Beginner Oil Brushes (by Juz)
    It's the 12th thread in the art supplies forum. and 7th threads away from this thread (NOW)
    sorted by: Last post time
    sort order: descending
    from the: beggining

If you can, pls tell me the steps, step by step.
    I'm not sure either where that file should go, becoause it doesnt right away appear in my artrage resources folder.
    then, pls explain where the stuff will appear.
    or if tht doesnt work, you can just give a supply in this forum to download (but not stencil nor picker nor grains) and show me how it works! =)

THX A LOT

Okay, the file you're talking about is in a .arpack form, which can only be opened by ArtRage Studio, or Studio Pro. In some cases, the pack might contain content that would work in the ArtRage 2.# environment (like stencils, grains, col samples), but in this case the only files within the arpack are preset files, which ArtRage 2 can't make use of. So, unfortunately, you won't be able to use any of it. Some of the preset settings could be put in manually, but some of them make use of the square brush head, which AR2 doesn't have.

r there any presets around, or even in other sites tht is suitable for AR2? something for ur brush maybe? anything would do, since i just wanna try it out 1st.
    but i dun need stencils nor grains..

Unfortunately ArtRage 2 doesn't make use of presets, so the settings need to be adjusted manually every time a certain effect is wanted. There are threads around the forum, where people have listed the settings they enjoyed using for ArtRage 2. You'll need to do some sifting through the threads, however, because when ArtRage 3 came out everything became much simpler to share, so the older threads were buried. Your best bet would be to look through threads made before 12-14-2009, because they would have been made before the release of ArtRage 3, and would more likely be based on settings dealing with AR2.

Here's a link to a thread, where I posted a couple of the settings I liked to use for the Oil Brush: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=19595